It is mission critical for those in the government, military, Foreign Service, Peace Corps, United Nations or other international deployment or nonprofit organizations to demonstrate a high aptitude for global competence. Individuals working in these areas need to have appropriate global knowledge, progressive attitudes, and astute people skills to be effective in helping others. Selection, developmental training and deployment of these high-value individuals can be greatly enhanced by undertaking the Global Competence Aptitude Assessment® in preparation for such important duties.
- Selecting high potential (HIPO) global leaders to hire, develop, or promote.
- Supporting the growth of high performers on a broader regional or global scale
- Gauging the readiness of individuals for global projects or international assignments
- Preparing for deployment abroad
- Identifying the most effective staff training or development solutions
- Determining individual competency gaps to create effective personal development plans (PDPs)
- Measuring the aptitudes of individuals who deal with diverse populations
"I highly recommend the GCAA® to measure global competence and to understand how one can improve effectiveness with people around the world. We use the GCAA® as a model assessment to teach trainers, educators, and consultants how to best determine and develop intercultural skills and global competence."
Chris Cartwright, Ed.D., Director of Intercultural Assessment, Intercultural Communication Institute
"We had been struggling to find a way to measure global competency outcomes provided by the World Affairs Council’s K-12 education program, as it is necessary for our fundraising proposals and sponsor reports. The GCAA® measured aptitudes beyond the typical standardized test and it helped us prove the success of our program based on local and norm comparisons."
Jennifer Bowden, Former Director of Education, World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth
"The Global Competence Aptitude Assessment (GCAA)® is an important contribution for evaluating people's 'readiness' to participate in a complex, interconnected world."
Christian de Fouloy, Association of Accredited Public Policy Advocates to the European Union (AALEP), Chairman
"The GCAA® is the most comprehensive tool of its kind and it is both instructive and enlightening. We have been using it in the International Business Culture module of our Chancellor's Certificate in International Trade program."
Stella Sheehan, Deputy Director, World Trade Center St. Louis